Anchorage Birth Doula Services
Labor and Birth support Services include:
During our prenatal visits we will discuss your birth options and evidence-based practices. You will be provided with resources to help you make informed decisions about your birth. We will work together to formulate a birth preference list that highlights the things that are most important to you. We will discuss prenatal nutrition, the process of labor, comfort measures for labor and birth including positions, massage, and verbal cues you might expect to hear during labor, your postpartum plans, and much more. These visits are intended to help you feel relaxed, prepared, and confident as you look forward to meeting your baby.
During your birth, physical support may include massage, acupressure, applying hot or cold compresses, recommendation and assistance with different labor positions, ensuring that you are nourished and hydrated, assistance getting into and out of the shower or tub, visualization, meditation, breathing, and medical hypnosis techniques, and anything else you might need. We have training and experience in using a Rebozo, birth and peanut balls, and Spinning Babies body balancing techniques. A constant and reassuring presence, your doula will be by your side from the moment you feel you need her when active labor begins. through your labor and birth, and until you, your baby, and your partner are comfortable and settled after your baby is born.
A steadfast positive presence, you will hear words of encouragement, reassurance, and affirmation to help you persevere through your labor. Medical providers and nurses may change shifts or come and go, you can count on your doula to stay for the duration of your labor and for at least an hour after your baby is born. Labor and birth are intense and intimate experiences, you can rest assured that your doula will support your emotional experience and the physical work you need to do during your labor.
Pregnancy, Labor and Birth Support
- Free Consultation
- Prenatal visit(s) During these visits, we will get to know each other, discuss the childbirth process, develop your birth and pain management preferences, discuss and practice positions and comfort measures for labor, and talk about a postpartum support plan.
- Unlimited availability by email, phone, text throughout your pregnancy. Call, text or email your doula 24/7. Available for questions, as a venting place or sounding board, or when you might not want to “bother” your care provider.
- Assistance in clarifying medical information and procedures
- Access to resources and lending library
- Evidence Based Informational counseling
- On Call Availability 24/7 Beginning two weeks before your due date and for two weeks after delivery. Available from the time you think you need your doula when labor begins, through birth, and for on call postpartum support after your baby is born.
- Back-up Doula Support
- Birth and Bonding Photos
- Flat Fee
- Constant Support throughout the entire laboring process and for 1-2 hours after your baby’s birth. Our focus is meeting your needs during labor. Assisting your partner with relaxation and pain coping techniques, running interference with visitors, filling everyone’s basic needs (food, drinks, bathroom breaks, etc), helping you acquire additional information about interventions if they become necessary, and generally just making sure your labor and birth go as smoothly as possible.
- If you don’t have a partner or your partner is not going to be involved with the birth, you can expect that your doula will give you all the one-on-one support you need. Support is continuous and limitless, you will never be charged more based on the length of your labor.
- Feeding Support Lactation, latching, pumping, and bottle feeding support for the feeding method you choose for your baby.
- Postpartum visit(s) After the birth of your baby, we will schedule another visit in the first few days. This provides an opportunity for us to discuss your birth, troubleshoot breastfeeding or baby care issues, and just visit and cuddle your precious new little one(s).
- Postpartum Phone and Email Support
- Fee: Flat fee, from $1500.